2010 was a full year of—what exactly, will take more than more sentence. There were triumphs, losses, surprises, and hardships I haven’t really experienced before.
- Published! (In no particular order)
- Best of Friday Flash ‘09
- Howl – Tales of the Feral and Infernal (Lame Goat Press)
- Daily Bites of Flesh 2011 – Pill Hill Press
- The Yin Book – Chinese Whisperings (imprint of Emergent Publishing)
- Various free e-books and ‘zines produced by peers in the industry
- Promoted! At my day job, with a new region of responsibilities. I also went to the night-shift.
- Husband found a job after nearly two years of struggle!
- Flash-flood total loss of our other car prompted my first solo finance of a new vehicle.
- New, more spacious apartment on Christmas Day.
Great things happened to me this year. I learned new things, met new people:
- I gained a greater appreciation and understanding for social networking. Facebook has become a new favorite haunt. I attribute 98% of my blog traffic and writing career to Twitter.
- I made a good deal of new friends, notably in or from New York and Australia. I also started looking in my own backyard and made a few connections in the Austin music industry.
- I learned about the music industry, received a guitar to start practicing on, and continue to research in hopes of improving the final version of Crooked Fang.
Speaking of Crooked Fang…
PLANS FOR 2011
- The Album - Album-writing is in process. My chosen musician (who chooses only to be known as “K.” right now) is a veritable genius at guitar, bass guitar, song-writing, and has the sound I’ve been looking for.
- The Book – The book Crooked Fang will be based on the free story previously posted at www.crookedfang.com. Currently with an editor for
- The Merchandise – It is possible that merchandise bearing my own custom Crooked Fang logo will be available later this year. I will keep you posted on this. Better news, look for a free Crooked Fang sample mp3 for download by spring 2011.
Support Crooked Fang by continuing to repost, retweet, and sharing the website url with everyone you think might be interested in the story. Support independent press!
More blah-blah-blah (as yet unconfirmed)
- I have good intentions to produce a fresh new novella-length story for another independent press. I’m tickled pink that they even asked me if I was interested.
- Further work on unannounced Emergent projects. (I consider Emergent my home-base)
- Continue my studies with music, music history and influence, and especially my newest passion—music production.
If you’ve read this far, cheers! Your care and support is grandly appreciated. I cannot thank my friends and colleagues enough for their support. I cannot repay my family for the time I take to pursue my arts, but they are outstanding in their complete tolerance and understanding.
Thank you all! Without you, I’m nothing.
Christmas Day 2010